This brings an end to the blog series on our Family/Anniversary Vacation to Florida. There are a few pictures that didn’t make the #wilsongetaway previous blog posts or Flipagrams that I will share here along with 6 things my family and I learned on this trip.
Here are the Top 6:
6. Sharing a bathroom with 4 people when 2 people have their own bathroom at home brings to light all the bad habits. (I will now be intentionally reminding my son often to put the lid BACK DOWN! My mother-in-law instilled that lesson in my husband, I only think it fair to my future daughter-in-law no matter how far in the future that might be!)
5. “We proudly serve Starbucks.” Does not mean it will taste anything like Starbucks, and in some cases the gas station coffee is MUCH better and less expensive.
4. Send a post card each day to your home residence from the location you spent most of your time for that day highlighting the most memorable moments/events. Send it the next day (most hotels will mail it from the guest services desk if you provide the postage). There will be some post cards waiting on you when you return from your vacation and others will arrive as you return to your ‘normal’ life. Everyone can enjoy the vacation just a little longer.
4. Blog as you go, then schedule to publish the following week where it posts to your Social Media accounts. This lets you tell everyone about your vacation adventures without letting the opportunistic burglar know you are away from the house.
5. Keep your expectations low. If you expect great things and the situation doesn’t live up to it, you could unexpectedly rob yourself of joy you were intended to have but let unsubstantiated high expectations get in the way. (This one was compliments of Embug.)
6. Teach your children that “hole-in-the-wall” eateries are often the best way to taste the local flavor and have the best food. Our kids learned this lesson time and time again while we were on our #wilsongetaway. It will be one they won’t forget!
I hope you enjoyed this little blog series tracking our #wilsongetaway vacation. We aren’t sure when our next getaway will be, but this one will linger in our memories for a long time.